We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Today is my 38th birthday. I have no idea how I got here so fast, and to be honest, it doesn’t feel real. I still feel like I’m in my 20s, and I hope, with the help of Botox, I look like I’m in my 20s- or maybe at least, early 30s. 😉
I thought it would be fun (and kill some time in between negotiating multiple real estate deals) to come up with a list of 38 things about me you may not know. Turns out, I came up with 38 things that prove I’m not very interesting- but have had some pretty cool opportunities.
- I am an only child.
- I once lived on Florida’s scenic highway 30A.
- I’m single and have been for almost a decade and never been married.
- I have no kids.
- I worked at Hooters off and on for 8 years.
- I was on a band’s album cover.
- I worked on the tv series “Nashville” for 5 of the 6 seasons it was on.
- I had a recurring background role on “Nashville” as a bartender in Deacon’s bar in season 4.
- I was born and raised in Memphis, TN.
- I worked for the Memphis Grizzlies NBA team.
- I have a logistics degree from the University of Memphis.
- I made the round of 75 in “The Bachelor” auditions for Jason Mesnick’s season in 2008.
- I was in 2 episodes of Billy Ray Cyrus’ show “Still The King” on CMT.
- I lived in Franklin, TN, just 15 mins south of Nashville (depending on the time of day) for 4.5 years and plan to live there again one day.
- I was born with blonde hair that got progressively darker as I got older.
- I was a state ranked junior tennis player.
- I am OBSESSED with Destin, FL, and the 30A area.
- I played a bartender in Hallmark Channel’s “Wedding at Graceland.”
- My parents have been divorced since I was a baby.
- I’ve basically had 2 dads since my mom remarried in 1984.
- Every time I moved from Memphis, I was only gone for 4 months before moving back, except when I moved to Nashville.
- My favorite food is Italian.
- I LOVE spicy food and could drink hot sauce.
- I prefer beer over wine because I’m sophisticated like that.
- I call myself Johnny Cash’s illegitimate daughter because I wear so much black.
- I went to the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, for one semester. (And always wished my diploma had been from there.)
- I once met a boyfriend off Napster- and quickly realized I had actually checked him out when I worked at Abercrombie.
- I am more Irish than Italian, despite my appearance looking more Italian.
- I come across as very tough on the exterior, but I’ll tear up at a Hallmark movie.
- I’m honest to a fault.
- I am a HUGE fan of 80s music, pop, and country.
- I have an 8.5 year old Yorkie named Jetty, named after the Destin jetties, who is my world.
- I never had detention throughout my entire school career.
- I am Catholic.
- I run several social media pages and groups, in addition to my blog.
- I am OBSESSED with Christmas lights. (Two of my social media pages are dedicated to Christmas light displays in Memphis and Nashville.)
- My favorite color is aqua/teal because it reminds me of the beach.
- I have worked with CBS Sports and for a local arena working behind the scenes for concerts, which allowed me to work in a tv production truck during live sporting events and plan post-concert parties for acts such as Chris Daughtry.
So, here I am, an hour away from my official birthday to the minute, and find it SO hard to believe that I am 38. It doesn’t seem real. Hope you found this list interesting and gained a little more insight as to who I am. 😉