We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Beginning November 7, everyone can access the Sephora Bonus Event! VIB members will be able to shop and save 15%, while Beauty Insiders will be able to save 10%, both using code HOLIDAYSAVE.
I’ve detailed some of my most favorite and most asked about makeup products below so that you can take advantage of this sale- because Sephora sales don’t come around very often! Plus, it’s a great time to check out their gift sets for that special someone in your life for the holidays!
- Too Faced Born This Way Ethereal Setting Powder – I use this powder religiously. After I use my concealer, I set it with this, either with a small contour brush or I press it in with a damp BeautyBlender. I also use this powder late in the day to tame my oily skin and get that matte look again.
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation – This is my hands down VIP, holy grail makeup product. I’ve been using this foundation for YEARS- may even be decades at this point, seeing as I’m in my 30s. I get the most compliments of anything I wear on this foundation. If you have oily or combination skin, or uneven skin tone, you will love this foundation. I wear shade Shell Beige when I have a spray tan, and shade Wheat in the winter, when I’m not as tan- because I try to keep some sort of color year round.
- Kat Von D Shade + Light Face Contour Refillable Palette – This was the first contour palette I ever tried. Something about the creamy contours and the contour sticks just scared me, because I was truly afraid I’d end up looking like I’d smeared Mr. Hankey all over my face, and not be able to blend it. Don’t freak out at the price- it lasts a VERY long time, and when you run out of one individual pan, you can order a refill, which makes this totally worth it. The powder contours are also FAR easier to blend and fix if you mess up.
- NARS Blush – Shade: Orgasm. This is the most popular and versatile blush on the market. This blush offers a pinky peach hue and enlivens the face, just as if you’ve recently had an… well…
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion – Shade: Eden. My go to eyeshadow primer. This line from Urban Decay comes in 4 different offerings, one that has some shimmer (sin), one that is anti-aging, and one that is slightly more neutral. I like Eden because it offers more of a yellow base, which I like, because it makes my eyeshadow colors pop more. The Sin offers a shimmer, which is great for highlighting the brow bone or to add some extra dimension to your eyeshadow game. PRO TIP: the lighter and whiter the eyeshadow primer, the more your eyeshadow colors will look their true shade and pop more on the skin.
- Tarte Toasted Eyeshadow Palette – Not only does this palette smell amazing and make you wish you could eat it… ok, maybe that’s weird, but the cocoa smell that wafts from it when I use it is enough to make me wish I was sitting by a campfire chowin’ down on some s’mores. The two colors on the top row are my absolute favorites for highlighting my brow bone – the first one being matte, and the second one adding shimmer. The first shade on the last row is my favorite to apply to my lids. The orangey shades are fun for a more fall or sunset inspired look, and fireside will help you achieve the smokiest of smoky eyes.
- Tarte In Bloom Clay Eyeshadow Palette – While the Toasted palette smells like cocoa, this palette smells more vanilla, which still kinda makes me hungry when I’m getting ready. Hey…I like food, what can I say? Whereas the Toasted palette offers warm shades, the In Bloom palette offers cooler shades, leaning more toward the cooler beiges and hints of pinky neutrals. I usually use a combination of the two palettes every morning. The idea behind both is that each row of 4 is to be its own look, but I’m more of a mix and match girl myself.
- Lancome Cils Booster XL Super-Enhancing Mascara Base – This mascara primer is perhaps the best there is. Lancome mascaras have always been my favorites since I was in high school. A mascara primer will cause you to not have to use as much mascara, which is great if you use more expensive mascaras, and it also helps to condition the lashes and give a look of longer lashes. What girl doesn’t want longer lashes? If you say you don’t, you’re lying. Girls aren’t out there paying for eye lash extensions for nothing. Go the cheaper route and get the length with a product instead. It’s better for your lashes!
- Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner – Any day I’m wearing makeup, I’m wearing this eye liner. I have sensitive and very watery eyes, so this liner is perfect for me because it stays in place. It IS on the pricier side for what it is, but I always grab a few when they’re on sale, so now is the time to stock up! I also find that they last a REALLY long time- probably longer than I should be using them, but if you’re worried about the felt drying out, don’t.
- NARS Velvet Matte Lipstick Pencil Duo – I actually tried these exact two shades a few years ago when they were offered as Sephora’s birthday gift for Beauty Insiders. The red shade is perfect for the holidays if you want to wear a red, but don’t want to sport that Ronald McDonald, in your face, carnival red. Personally, I’m not that confident just yet, but more power to my sisters out there who are. The pink shade is very subtle, but gives just enough color on the lips. The best part is- these don’t require lip liners and you can layer them with a lip gloss if you want a more polished look.
- Lancome Definicils Waterproof High Definition Mascara – I’ve been wearing this mascara for so long. I prefer waterproof mascaras since I have watery eyes, and because I have stick-straight eyelashes and curling alone doesn’t keep my lashes standing tall and pretty with regular mascara.
- Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder for Under Eyes – This powder is something every woman needs in their makeup bag. The pearly iridescence of this setting powder helps with tired eyes and helps to conceal dark circles by reflecting light off the sparkles. I pat this into my concealer with my BeautyBlender before applying setting powder. Sounds like a lot, but I’m Italian and don’t sleep like I should, so I need all the help I can get.
- Stila Heaven’s Hue Highlighter – Shade: Transcendence. When I first saw this in the store, I thought the color was gorgeous, but I was afraid it was going to make me look like an alien with some sort of galactic glow. WRONG. The shade is actually very feminine and doesn’t go on super heavy- in fact, I use a small contour brush and tap it onto my cheekbones and just above, and dab a little down the bridge of my nose. I would call it a celestial glow and it’s gorgeous.
- Lancome LA BASE PRO Perfecting Makeup Primer – I highly suggest using a makeup primer BEFORE applying your foundation. This particular primer helps to hide pores and helps to mattify your skin throughout the day, especially if you have oilier skin, like I do. Be forewarned that a little goes a LONG way. I also find that when I began using this, my foundation went on more smoothly and I didn’t need to use nearly as much.
- Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray – If I know I’ve got a long day ahead or am going out at night and want to stay looking photo ready, I mist this setting spray to keep my makeup looking fresh for HOURS. Go ahead and drop it in your purse, ladies. You’re going to want to use this. Trust me.
- BeautyBlender The Jewel Box Mystery Sponge – Part of Sephora’s holiday gifts, in this ornament, you’ll get one of two surprise colors and a little cleanser for the price of what a regular BeautyBlender costs. To me, this is the best buy if you’re in the market for a new makeup sponge. I use one every day and have for about 3 years now.
- Charlotte Tilbury Gift of Pillow Talk Lips – A lipstick and mini liner in the lipstick every blogger has tried to sell you since it hit the market. I, personally, have not tried this shade yet, but I am definitely grabbing one during the sale because it looks like it’s neutral enough to go with all makeup looks without being over the top, and I’ve yet to see it look bad on anyone who’s had it on.
- Shiseido Eyelash Curler – Ask any makeup guru and they’ll more than likely tell you that the Shiseido eyelash curler is the best one on the market. Trust me when I say the price is worth it. I’m on my second one in several YEARS. Keep a watch for the curler pads, too, as you use them, as after a while, they begin to break down and will form bubbles that will really effect how your lashes curl- so if you notice your lashes start to look “bent” in some spots, it’s time to toss the pad and replace it. Great news! Shiseido even sells curler pads, so grab some of those and keep them handy for when you end up needing it.
- Tarte Merry Metals Brush Set – This brush set would be a great gift for someone who loves makeup. Complete with a highlighting brush, this set features two powder brushes and two eyeshadow brushes.
- Artis Elite Mirror Oval 7 Brush – Don’t freak out when you see the price of this brush. I PROMISE it is worth it. I hesitated GREATLY when I first bought it, and refused to use it for MONTHS, because I kept trying to convince myself I didn’t need it, and would rather get my money back. Problem with that was I kept it far beyond the date I could return it. I actually JUST recently decided to take it out of the box and use it and OH MY GOSH, my foundation went on SO smoothly and flawlessly. I had seen people show this before, but I thought it was just a sales tactic. I believe the hype. It does feel a little like you’re trying to apply your makeup with a spoon, but you will never find a more consistent foundation applicator than this. Just invest. It’s worth it.
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow – Shade: Midnight Cowboy. This is my go to lid shade. Having hooded lids, I do extremely dark shadows in my crease to give the illusion that I *don’t* have hooded lids, so I like a lighter, sparkly color to reflect light on my lids. These shadow pots last FOREVER. I also sometimes use Midnight Cowgirl lightly tapped over the inner corners of my lids to give a little sparkle to my eyes.
Hope you enjoyed my picks and tips. Keep in mind when you shop, this sale does have some exclusions.