We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! That’s right, it’s time for the 2020 Sephora Beauty Insider Sale. If you’re not a Beauty Insider, you can go here and sign up. Scroll down for my picks, complete with descriptions and application tips and shopping dates for the sale!
DATES TO SHOP:
ROUGE 20% off – Oct 30 – Nov 9
VIB 15% off – Nov 3 – 9
INSIDER 10% off – Nov 5 – 9
- Kat Von D Shade Light Contour Palette: This was the first contour palette I ever bought, as suggested from someone at Sephora. It is a powder palette, which is perfect for those just beginning to dabble with contouring. I actually still use this palette because it blends so easily and they sell replacement pans, which is much cheaper to replace rather than having to buy an entirely new palette. The colors are also pretty universal and would work for most skin tones. I am able to use this palette year-round.
- Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner: I first bought this a couple years ago around the holidays to give some sparkle to my eyes. I opted for the shade “Grind” because it’s a pale pink with irridescent glitter and looks so pretty when the light hits it. I simply put it just a hair above my regular black eyeliner. This is perfect to add to your holiday look for holiday parties or New Years Eve outings. User tip: leave your eye closed for a few seconds after applying to give it time to dry so it doesn’t transfer to your upper eyelid.
- Tarte In Bloom Eyeshadow Palette: This is one of the first eyeshadow palettes I ever bought from Tarte. I use the lightest color and the shimmer on my eyes from both this palette and the Toasted palette interchangeably every day. The colors in this palette are ideal for those with a cool skin tone and are easy to blend. These palettes do have a bit of fall out, so I suggest doing your face makeup AFTER applying your eyeshadow.
- Tarte Toasted Eyeshadow Palette: This palette is ideal for those with warmer skin tones. The shades are gorgeous to create beautiful fall looks, as well as beautiful summer sunset-inspired looks. Even though my skin tone is cool, I use this palette quite often. The shimmer shade is gorgeous on the lower lid, and the darker shades work well in my crease to hide my hooded eyelids. Did I mention that it smells like toasted marshmallows??
- Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder For Under Eyes: This powder is amazing! It is a chalky white powder that is perfect to set your under eye concealer that brightens and lightens, and diminishes the appearance of fine lines. A little goes a long way and one container will last you a LONG time. I apply my concealer first, then blend it out with a damp BeautyBlender. I then use a different damp BeautyBlender and dab it into a little bit of the Secret Brightening Powder that I have tapped into the lid of the container, and then pat it over my concealer. I blend it out with my powder or bronzer so there isn’t a harsh white line. You will LOVE this!
- Lancome Cils Booster Lash Primer: This is your key to longer, fuller lashes! So, I used to use this way back when, and then I stopped for some unknown reason. I don’t use this on my upper lashes because I have stick-straight lashes that I have to curl and if I don’t immediately apply waterproof mascara, they fall and look horrible. My bottom lashes, however, often seem like they are mascara-proof, so applying a couple coats of this lash primer helps thicken my lashes and makes them look fuller and longer without having to use several coats of mascara to make them show up. This will definitely give you a more doe-y look.
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation: This foundation has been my holy grail since high school, which was only a few years ago ;). But seriously- I have oily skin and this foundation stays on all day. If you want full coverage, this is it. I have uneven skin tone, and this foundation makes my skin look flawless. I typically wear shade Shell Beige throughout the year (because I use self-tanner in the cooler months), and I also have a bottle of Wheat for the dead of winter. I use this brush to apply the foundation and it gives the most perfection application. PRO TIP: do NOT pour the foundation onto this brush; dab the foundation onto the face and use the brush to blend it.
- Lancome La Base Pro Perfecting and Smoothing Makeup Primer: Using this primer has allowed me to use so much LESS foundation! My foundation also glides onto my skin and is a much smoother application. This primer also offers a blurring effect, which I love.
- Nars Blush: The most popular and universal blush is the Nars Orgasm. However, I tried it a few years ago and felt that it was too pale for me. However, I am in LOVE with the Orgasm X! It is a gorgeous brilliant coral pink with gold shimmer. This would be so stunning on!
- Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner: This has been my every day eyeliner for the past few years. It lasts a long time, stays on all day, and has a nice, slim tip to make the perfect tapered lines.
- Chloe Perfume: I kept wondering why this was being so heavily pushed on instagram. And then I tried it. This isn’t your grandmother’s perfume- this is the NEW Chloe (which is somewhat weird to me, considering my grandmother’s signature fragrance was Chloe, that smelled nothing like this). This scent is a very light and airy, flirty kind of fragrance that stays on you all day, but isn’t strong and offensive.
- Too Faced Peach Perfect Mattifying Setting Powder: This one isn’t pictured, but it’s good. I ordered some a couple months ago and I’m in love. It has a pleasant sweet smell to it and it goes on smoothly. I use this over concealer to set it on my nose, forehead, cupid’s bow, and chin. I’ve only used Too Faced setting powders for the last few years and love them!
Hope you enjoy my picks and take advantage of this sale! Remember to use code HOLIDAYFUN at checkout to apply the discount. This is great time to get prestige brand makeup at a discount. Let me know what your picks are or what you’re shopping for. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a DM on instagram.
**As always, thank you for shopping my links. I do make a small commission when you do.**
Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you’d like to see from me next! To shop my instagram pics and other sales I share with sizing details and discount codes, make sure to follow me here on the free LIKEtoKNOW.it app. Once you download the app, you can then screenshot my instagram posts and have shopping details emailed right to you!